"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thoughts From a Hungry Girl

So here is something I've discovered over the course of my challenge: I'm obsessed with skinniness. Honestly, it's taking over my life. This can't be good, right? It's so much more fun to exercise and eat right when the goal is to become healthy - not to fit into a size 6. This whole situation isn't fun. I'm hungry and my legs hurt.

I went for a 3 mile run the other night, which was nice. There really is nothing like the feeling of endorphins shooting into your brain. Also, there really is nothing like running by a store window and catching the reflection of a wooly mammoth. Windows do motivate me to train a little bit harder, and to smile more. The Lord knows I like to look like I'm enjoying myself to the passer-byes.

Tonight I did yoga. Man, I really suck at yoga. I guess that's why they call it a "practice", no?

Tomorrow night is Friday night. Naturally, I don't have any plans. I'd like to challenge myself at the gym and see how many calories I can burn in one night. Who knows? Maybe I can make myself pass out or throw up or something! That sounds a lot more like my Friday nights circa 2002. I was skinny back then, just sayin'.

 I'm not going to eat any ranch dressing tomorrow. That crap is really messing with my calorie situation.

There, now you all know what I'm doing. What exactly are YOU doing? Are you craving cheesecake as much as I am? Anyone?


2 comments:

  1. I'm craving tater chips and Pepsi. Being hungry sucks. But I am not even hungry and I still want to eat!

    Your blog is hysterical, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am craving popcorn, although, it isn't too bad on the calorie scale by itself the cheese I want to put on it is. I have fallen into stress mode now where I don't want to eat which is just as bad as wanting to eat.

    You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete